JCR RL350 Stand Bag Review
Back in 2015/2016, when JCR Inc first launched, we were highly impressed with the company and the Firm’s owner and designer’s expertise and credentials.
Since then, the company has diversified their golf bag line and recently introduced the JCR RL350 Stand Bag which at 3.8 pounds is roughly two pounds lighter than their original DL550 model. We are highly impressed with the lighter weight RL350 because of its features and continued commitment to high quality materials and construction.
Take a look at our 2023 Buyer’s Guide to see our preferred carry/stand bag specifications. Click here.
JCR RL350 Stand Bag Features and Specifications
The weight of the JCR RL350 Stand Bag is roughly 3.8 pounds, including the shoulder straps.
This weight puts the RL350 solidly within our recommended range.
Getting Clubs In and Out of the Bag
The bag has a five-way, air mesh cushioned opening with full-length dividers. The top opening measurement is 8.5″.
This configuration is as close to our ideal top opening as a bag can come. The top divider padding is a plus.
Ease of Carrying the Bag
In terms of carrying the bag:
- The carry system is based on a four-point dual strap with a padded center hub
- The RL350 has an extensive hip pad for added comfort while carrying
- The bag has top rim, spine, and bottom handles for easy lifting options.
The straps are comfortable and promoted a balanced weight distribution. The shoulder strap system meets our expectations in terms of comfort and ease of use. At 3.8 pounds, the bag is an easy lift.
The JCR RL350 Stand Bag has seven pockets, including:
- Full-length apparel pocket
- Insulated beverage sleeve
- A Smart Phone pocket with a clear window which keeps your golf GPS app visible
- Scorecard sleeve
- Ball and accessory pockets
- Two of the pockets come standard with waterproof zippers to protect your belongings
In terms of other attachment points, the bag has a towel loop, umbrella cord, pen sleeve, and divot tool sleeve.
AT BGCB, our philosophy around pockets has been to keep the pockets and storage system simple. Seven pockets is more than enough to create both separation and specialization.
Stability of the BagThis JCR model has positioned the stand mechanism just below the top cuff. The bag legs do not extend forward as far as some bags to ensure that they don’t over-extend. The bag has slightly enlarged feet to reduce sinking and slippage.
The stability features of the bag meet our expectations.
The JCR RL350 Stand Bag has:
- The clear window smartphone sleeve which is unique
- Six relatively standard color combinations
- 100% dobby nylon, which was substantial in heft and texture. The bag looks and feels like it would last for years.
- One small added bonus we like is that JCR does not sell clubs, balls or clothing so you can put any brand of clubs or equipment into the bag without a brand conflict
The JCR RL350 Stand Bag’s suggested retail price is $209.99.
The $209.99 MSRP is a relatively high price for a little-known manufacturer, but the quality, features and weight are well worth the cost. The RL350 typically runs $20 less than MSRP on Amazon.