A quick note: Clicgear has been hit hard by COVID 19, and their supplies are limited, and their current pricing is high. With time, both supply and pricing will return to normal.
The Best Golf Carry Bag (BGCB) website has always exclusively reviewed carry bags with the point of view that golf courses should be walked.
Given the current pandemic, we thought we needed to expand our focus to encourage folks to go out and safely golf. (The benefits of walking a golf course are described in this earlier post.) Although we are “purists,” we understand that using a pushcart might make golf a more comfortable walk for some.
After looking at pushcart manufacturers online and at multiple PGA Merchandise Shows in Orlando, we believe that Clicgear stands out for having the best pushcarts in terms of features, quality, and price. And we also believe that Clicgear’s latest 3-wheeled pushcart, the Clicgear 4.0 Golf Push Cart, is a major upgrade over its prior models.
This post lays out the specs for our favorite pushcart system: The Clicgear 4.0 Golf Push Cart.
In a separate blog, we have identified the best accessories for your Clicgear 3-wheel pushcart. These accessories will work with the 4.0 and all earlier Clicgear 3-wheel models.
The Basics about the Clicgear 4.0
- The 4.0 is Clicgear’s flagship 3-wheeled collapsible pushcart. Although Clicgear and other manufacturers make 4-wheel models, we greatly prefer 3-wheeled models in terms of size, weight, and ease of use
- The 4.0 is a new model for 2020 and has a couple of significant upgrades over the very popular 3.5+ model
- The Clicgear 4.0 golf push cart folds down to 13″ x 15″ x 21″ and weighs 21 pounds. Twenty-one pounds might sound heavy, but in reality, it is easy to lift and maneuver. The weight is a testament to the high quality and durability of the materials used in the 4.0
- It comes with:
- Front-wheel engaged hand brake
- Independent handlebar adjustments for height/angle
- Large console (scorecard, ball, pencil, and tee holders)
- Large storage net
- Multiple attachment points for a wide range of Clicgear accessories
- The Clicgear 4.0 comes in 9 colors ranging from black to lime to yellow
- With a little practice or relatively frequent use, the 4.0 Push Cart is quick and easy to set up and collapsed. We would suggest that you practice a few times in your garage before taking it to the golf course
Upgrades Over the 3.5+
As mentioned, the Clicgear 4.0 has a few significant upgrades over the prior Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart.
The most significant improvement is the 4.0 has a much better and simpler strapping system to lock the bag into the cart. The 3.5+ had a cord system that we found difficult to use. The new strap system is much simpler to use
- An adjustable top “saddle” to better fit different sized golf bags. This “saddle” is the attachment point on the upper portion of the pushcart that firmly secures the golf bag
- A slightly higher positioned lower “saddle” to decrease the potential for the bag to touch the front wheel
Clicgear’s suggested retail price is $259 for the 4.0 Golf Push Cart. This MSRP is only a few dollars more than the price for the prior 3.5+ Golf Push Cart model, and given the improved strap system, it is well worth the extra dollars.
Clicgear’s supplies are limited, and their current pricing is high. With time, both supply and pricing will return to normal.
The Clicgear 4.0 Golf Push Cart is a fantastic piece of equipment that can make walking the course even more enjoyable.
As mentioned earlier in the post, we recently examined all of the accessories that Clicgear offers for its 3-wheel push cart models. We have identified four accessories that we believe are the best “add-on” purchases. Check out our post on the “Best Clicgear Accessories” by clicking here!