This post has been updated for 2021 with our preferred women’s golf stand bag model from Sun Mountain.
When we recently attended the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, we asked a few of the leading vendors of women’s golf bags to explain what differentiates a women’s golf stand bag from a men’s bag.
The primary differences seemed to come down to three key things:
- The bags are more stylish and have greater personality
- The pockets of the bags are tailored to more specialized uses
- Women’s golf stand bags are shorter than men’s golf carry bags to provide a better fit for the shorter length of women’s clubs
Sun Mountain offers a great example of an outstanding women’s golf stand bag.
Sun Mountain 2021 3.5 LS Women’s Golf Stand Bag
- Low, 3.7-pound weight for a full-featured, mid-size bag
- A flared 9″ top with four openings that maximize useable club space
- Sun Mountain’s proprietary X-Strap Dual Strap System with thick high-density foam. Designed with greater width at the top of the shoulder for greater comfort
- One inch shorter height than the men’s version
- Nine pockets including a full-length apparel pocket, a hydration pouch, and a velour-lined valuables pocket
The Sun Mountain Women’s 2021 3.5 LS Bag is available in multiple color combinations through Amazon.
If you are really looking for a light bag, instead of one designated as a “women’s” bag, check out our recent post on the “Five Best of the Lightest Golf Carry Bags.”