When we recently attended the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando and decided to ask a few of the leading vendors of women’s golf bags to explain what differentiates a women’s golf carry bag form a men’s bag. We received our best answer from Emily the designer and creator of Sassy Caddy. As she walked us through the features of her highly fashionable women’s stand bags she said the difference comes down to three key things :
- The bags are more stylish and have greater personality
- The pockets of the bags are tailored to more specialized uses
- The bags are two inches shorter then men’s golf carry bags to provide a better fit for the shorter length of women’s clubs
Beyond the female focused features, the stand bags from Sassy Bags met our expectations for being solidly constructed and very well appointed in terms of standard bag design. The bags had six full length dividers, weighed only 5 pounds and as mentioned they offered a multitude of specialized pockets for all possible needs.
There are two unique bonus features that come with the Sassy Caddy stand bags.
- Each bag comes with a coordinated, detachable purse
- The bags’ fabrics are weather resistant, stain resistant and fade resistant with 1000-2500 hours of UV protection incorporated into the fabric
Two of the current Sassy Caddy Stand Bag offerings are Posy and Zesty. Click on the images to see Amazon’s current pricing and bag specifications.
For women who want a little less pizzazz but still desire a stand bag specifically designed for women we would suggest the Sun Mountain Three 5 Stand Bag. This bag offers:
- A flared 9” top with four openings that maximizes useable club space
- An E-Z Fit Dual Strap System which is easy to adjust and has been upgraded in 2016 to have 3-Layer Construction
- A one inch shorter height than the men’s version
- 6 pockets including a full-length apparel pocket, a beverage pouch and a velour-lined valuables pocket
The Sun Mountain Women’s Three 5 Bag comes in two available color combinations through Amazon. Click on the images to see Amazon’s current pricing and bag specifications.